Writen by Abdul Mujeeb 9:33:00 AM - 0 Comments
|Sri Lanka Budget 2014|
2014 Sri Lanka Budget highlights :
- Rs 1,500-7,800 for public workers
- Rs. 7,500 for veterinary surgeons
- Rs. 1,000 mn for farmer pension scheme
- Five holiday bungalows for artistes
- 15 pc upfront tax on lands leased to foreigners
- USD 150 mn to SriLankan and USD 50 mn to Mihin Lanka
- A donation of 50,000 MT of rice to WFP
- Telecom levy fixed at 25 pct
- 20,000 high quality cows to be imported
The second reading on the Appropriation Bill will commence today (22) and will continue until November 29. The second reading vote will be taken at 6.00 p.m. on November 29.
The committee stage debate will begin on November 30 and continue until December 20 ( for 16 days). The third reading vote will be taken on December 20.